Fort Worth Felony Crimes Attorney
Available For You 24/7
In the state of Texas, a felony conviction can lead to prison time, hefty fines, the loss of professional licensing, and the revocation of your voting rights. In addition, you will have a felony conviction, which can be a bar to employment and educational opportunities.
If you’ve been charged with a felony crime or you are aware that you’re under investigation for a felony-level offense, contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately. The Cole Paschall law firm will provide an effective professional legal defense. Our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyers have the knowledge and legal acumen to examine your case and provide knowledgeable legal advice.
Felony Classes in Texas
There are five classifications for felony crimes in the state of Texas. These include:
- State Jail Felony – DWI offenses are often charged as state jail felonies. The penalties can carry 6 – 24 months in jail and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Third Degree Felony – These felonies carry a prison sentence from 2 – 10 years and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Second Degree Felony – The prison sentence for a second degree felony is from 2 – 20 years and carries a fine of up to $10,000.
- First Degree Felony – First degree felonies carry sentences from 5 – 99 years and no more than $10,000 in fines.
- Capital Felony – In the state of Texas, a capital felony can carry the possibility of a death sentence or life in prison.
Other Penalties Related to Felony Crimes
In addition to the above penalties, a felony conviction can result in:
- Parole or probation
- Loss of professional licensure
- Loss of voting rights
- The inability to legally own a firearm
- Mandatory registry on the sex offender roll (for sex crimes)
A Fort Worth felony criminal defense lawyer can mount a defense that can reduce your sentencing or beat the charges altogether.
There are many felonies listed in both the Texas and federal code, but here are some of the main categories that our criminal defense lawyers handle:
- Crimes against persons – assault, robbery, murder
- Drug crimes – possession, distribution, manufacturing
- Sex crimes – rape, molestation
- Property crimes – burglary, theft, fraud
- Traffic felonies – vehicular manslaughter, aggravated fleeing and eluding
Effective Criminal Defense in Fort Worth, TX
If you’ve been charged with a felony in the Fort Worth area, contact the criminal defense lawyers at Cole Paschall Law for immediate felony defense.