Fort Worth Misdemeanor Crimes Attorney
AVAILABLE FOR YOU 24/7
Misdemeanor convictions can affect your ability to hold a job, keep your driver’s license, or acquire a recreational license. They can also result in jail time, expensive fines, or other frustrating penalties.
If you were charged with a misdemeanor, hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer right away. Cole Paschall Law is a firm that has your best interests in mind. From your first contact with police, we are here for you. Our compassionate Fort Worth misdemeanor defense attorneys have the experience and are prepared to assist you with your case.
MISDEMEANOR CLASSES IN TEXAS
Misdemeanors in Texas are organized into three different classes, which each come with distinct penalties.
The misdemeanor classifications are:
- Class C misdemeanor: Penalties include a $500 maximum fine. Most Class C cases are dealt with in municipal courts or justice of the peace courts.
- Class B misdemeanor: Convicted offenders may face up to 180 days in the county jail and up to $2,000 in fines.
- Class A misdemeanor: This is the most serious misdemeanor charge. Offenders may spend up to 1 year in jail and be forced to pay up to $4,000.
As you can see, the severity of the punishment matches the severity of the crime.
In addition to the penalties above, misdemeanors may result in:
- Community service
- Required class attendance (at the defendant’s expense)
- License suspension
Your Fort Worth misdemeanor attorney will help you craft a defense to avoid as many of these penalties as possible.
Misdemeanor crimes range in severity and carry varied consequences.
The list of misdemeanor crimes is long, but some common offenses include:
- Carrying a weapon without a permit
- Driving while intoxicated (first offense)
- Public intoxication
- Possession of up to 4 ounces of marijuana
Cole Paschall Law has experience handling all of these misdemeanors and more. We are ready to help you with your case.
PERSONALIZED LEGAL CARE AT REASONABLE RATES
We want to help protect your rights and your reputation. Our lawyers understand that this is a difficult time in your life. That is why we are ready and available to assist you with the legal ramifications.
Call (817) 477-4100 to talk with our Fort Worth misdemeanor crime lawyers today.